Community Engagement Platform
A community foundation that works to improve the economic outlook for youth wanted a web platform to act as a dynamic resource for women and girls interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and careers.
STEMhub is the first online resource to serve as a clearinghouse for women and girls in the North Bay to learn about regional STEM-related opportunities such as classes, meetups, events, seminars, careers and conferences. It is designed to connect “learners” – those interested in pursuing STEM education or career pathways – with “mentors” who are already working in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
- Membership registration and database
- Searchable/filterable databases of opportunities and mentors
- User interfaces x 3 (Learners, Mentors and the public)
- Admin dashboard to approve or reject opportunities and mentor videos, create targeted announcements
- Automated emails sent/notifications created when opportunities and videos approved
- Event RSVP and check-in
- Goal creation and completion
- Uploading to server, setting up database
- Converting images provided by designer into CSS/HTML